What the role is about
- Guide customers in their Business Transformation journey; from determining whether and how Process Mining or Data Science can add value right up to the technical implementation and value realization.
- Extract and transform customers’ data and design process and customer-specific analyses.
- Make digital business processes transparent with Process Mining or resolve data puzzles with Operations Research methodologies.
- Analyze business processes, and find potential areas for improvement (e.g. inefficiency in the customer’ processes, forecasting, pattern recognition).
- Bridge the gap between business and IT, by translating data to meaningful insights.
- Handle our customers’ needs and actively guide customer workshops;
- Design solutions for our customers to harmonize their business processes.
- Grow together with us and bring DataLane to the next level.
What we are looking for
Your education and experience:
- A university degree in a field that allows you to analyse the complex projects you will be taking on at DataLane. Your colleagues are qualified in, amongst others, Information System, Econometrics, Business Administration, Operations Research, Informatics, Artificial Intelligence, and Data Science.
- Ideally, you’ve got at least two years’ experience as a consultant and project manager and have had the opportunity to work within different companies. But if you have just graduated from university, convince us with other experiences you have gained.
- Some experience with skiing or snowboarding is preferred (we’ll explain this a little later)!
- Basic programming skills (SQL, Python).
- Good interpersonal skills and good ability to communicate to different level of stakeholder in a company environment.
- DataLane works for major international companies, so you’ll need to be able to communicate just as effectively in English as in your native language.
- Team working attitude.
- Creativity and problem-solving mindset.
- Ability to keep customer needs in mind at all time.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
What we have to offer
As a Data Scientist at DataLane, you will be working for one of the coolest Process Mining consultancy “boutiques” in the Netherlands, Italy and Germany. Many of your colleagues have traded in a job at one of the Big Four for a career at DataLane, and for good reason!
- A competitive salary with a fair share in our annual revenue.
- A company laptop and telephone.
- Thirty vacation days.
- Team outings on a regular basis to get to know your colleagues better, for example, stand up paddle boarding, escape rooms or sail trips.
- As soon as Covid allows: an annual ski trip.
- A super steep learning curve including abundant training opportunities.
- A lot of freedom, in addition to working in the office and on the client’s premises, the opportunity to work from home or… wherever… in the future. We are currently planning to open a new office in Germany in the beautiful Allgäu near Memmingen. You will also have the possibility to work on a temporary basis from Den Bosch in our brand-new office.
Working at DataLane is, like at most start-ups; challenging, sometimes unpredictable, constantly changing, but therefore never boring. DataLane offers you a steep learning curve, many opportunities to do new things, and dedicated time for personal development.